On Wednesday, May 10, we held our annual Skippers' Meeting at The Living Room to discuss the upcoming Wednesday Night Racing Season. Thank you to everyone who attended! Here are the highlights of the meeting and what you need to know for the coming season:
- It's a new year and new racing rules apply. Please see the link in the Racing News for Dave Perry's interpretation of the major difference between the 2013-2016 and the 2017-2020 RRS.
- The first race is May 24th, right around the corner.
- Due to Sail Boston, there will be no race on June 21 - a make-up date will be added to the end of the season on September 27.
- Our rumble will be June 28th in the outer harbor.
- We will be using Arbitration as defined in the RRS Appendix T as an alternative for protests. Please familiarize yourself with the SI's for more details.
- We are looking for volunteers again for race committee. Boats that volunteer will get an extra drop during the series during which they volunteer, and the volunteer will receive a CYC logo.
It's shaping up to be a great season - I'm looking forward to seeing everyone out on the water!