Registration for the Constitution Yacht Club Wednesday Night Series is open on Regattaman! The season starts on Wednesday, May 23 and runs through September 26th. There will be a Skippers' Meeting at The Living Room at 7pm on Wednesday, May 16th. This year, we intend to run the Wednesday Night Series, the Spring Regatta, and the June Moon Chase Race in July under ORR-ez handicapping. Please consider starting the application process as soon as possible so that you are all set for the start of the season. Applications can be done through Regattaman. To prepare for the season, you can follow these steps:
- Renew your Constitution YC membership here. Not a member, but want to be one? You can apply for membership through this link.
- If you plan to participate in the Mass Bay Weekend Series, renew your MBSA Membership.
- Apply for a Mass Bay ORR-ez certificate. The certificate costs $100, but the first 200 boats will receive a $25 discount from MBSA. Some helpful guidance is available in this document.
- The most economical way to register for Wednesday Night is through the CYC Evening Full Season Pass. The pass is $215 for non-members, $180 for CYC members, and includes all 3 series as well as the 3 Rumbles. That's a savings of $85 for non-members, $120 for members, over the cost of registering for the individual series.
- Please note that this year the Spring Series consists of only 5 races due to July 4th falling on a Wednesday in 2018.
Lastly, Constitution YC is partnering with Courageous Sailing and the Flip Flop Organization to support the Flip Flop Regatta on August 11th. This pursuit race has one of the nicest courses on the schedule and has hosted over 100 boats in the past. This year's edition will be to benefit the excellent programs at Courageous Sailing and promises to be one of the best sailing AND social events of the year. More details will be forthcoming, but rest assured we are all working to make sure this is the most affordable, fun, exciting Pursuit race on Boston Harbor - hold the date and help us rebuild what has traditionally been one of the best regattas in New England!